What is a Virtual Weight Watchers Leader

So I am never going to be a leader in the eyes of Weight Watchers because I will never weigh 159lbs again. As you can imagine over 10 years I have learned every trick in the book. I have also shared, and taught many people how to make this program work. I am that member at every meeting offering suggestions but I sometimes feel that the leader would prefer that I didn't as some of my suggestions don't fit with the WW ideals.

So since I will never get the opportunity to be a leader and support members in the meeting room I am going to support y out here in our cyber meeting room. I am here to share my journey with those of you who need support and maybe a few good ideas to help you be successful.



My Weight Loss Journey

I am a Weight Watcher. I have been since 2000. In March 2000 I joined with a starting weigt of 198lbs and it took me 43 weeks to lose 33.2lbs. At that point I lost momentum and stopped going. In August of 2001, although I had only gained 2.2lbs, I joined again. Over the next 9 weeks I made my goal weight and maintained it for 6 weeks. Although I would never see that weight again, in 2001 this made me a lifetime member, FOREVER! I stopped going to the meetings and slowly started to gain and by the end of 2003 I had gained 20lbs, yuck. I joined again and lost 10lbs before getting pregnant with my first child. By the time I returned to WW in June 2005 I had a starting weight of 203lbs. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! 43wks later I had lost 31lbs before I was pregnant again. Then I returned weighing 192lbs, argh, in February 2008. Over the next 23wks I lost 17lbs almost returning to my pre-pregnant weight before getting pregnant with my third and final baby. It was October 29, 2009 before I returned with a grand weight of 203.8lbs and now I am on my final journey to maybe not a ultimate goal weight but a good maintainable weight for me of 165lbs.

Friday, February 5, 2010

If you Bite it Write it

Journalling is a crutial part of the WW program.  They suggest if you take a bite of anything write it in your journal but I do something else.  I write down only the foods that have a point value to save time.  Whichever choice you make make sure you DO write it down or you will forget what you have eaten.  There is also the choice to do the QuickTrack recording method and I have tried it but then I look back a couple hours later and I can't remember what I had recorded.   There are many online journals and points calculators if that makes it easier for you.  But whatever form you choose, live by the concept "If you bite it write it!" and you will see more consistent results.

No comments:

Post a Comment