What is a Virtual Weight Watchers Leader

So I am never going to be a leader in the eyes of Weight Watchers because I will never weigh 159lbs again. As you can imagine over 10 years I have learned every trick in the book. I have also shared, and taught many people how to make this program work. I am that member at every meeting offering suggestions but I sometimes feel that the leader would prefer that I didn't as some of my suggestions don't fit with the WW ideals.

So since I will never get the opportunity to be a leader and support members in the meeting room I am going to support y out here in our cyber meeting room. I am here to share my journey with those of you who need support and maybe a few good ideas to help you be successful.



My Weight Loss Journey

I am a Weight Watcher. I have been since 2000. In March 2000 I joined with a starting weigt of 198lbs and it took me 43 weeks to lose 33.2lbs. At that point I lost momentum and stopped going. In August of 2001, although I had only gained 2.2lbs, I joined again. Over the next 9 weeks I made my goal weight and maintained it for 6 weeks. Although I would never see that weight again, in 2001 this made me a lifetime member, FOREVER! I stopped going to the meetings and slowly started to gain and by the end of 2003 I had gained 20lbs, yuck. I joined again and lost 10lbs before getting pregnant with my first child. By the time I returned to WW in June 2005 I had a starting weight of 203lbs. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! 43wks later I had lost 31lbs before I was pregnant again. Then I returned weighing 192lbs, argh, in February 2008. Over the next 23wks I lost 17lbs almost returning to my pre-pregnant weight before getting pregnant with my third and final baby. It was October 29, 2009 before I returned with a grand weight of 203.8lbs and now I am on my final journey to maybe not a ultimate goal weight but a good maintainable weight for me of 165lbs.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Choosing a Gym

I was going to wait to join a gym till my 2 oldest were both in school this coming September 2010 but I have been struggling with losing as quickly as I would like.  I started researching gyms in my area including my local community centres.  In my area there are 4 community centres, 2 ladies only gyms, 3 co-ed gyms with women's only sections and many Curves centres, one right around the corner from my house.  Now all the Curves were ruled out due to the lack of variety and they don't have childcare.  1 of the co-ed gyms was ruled out because they don't have childcare and that one and other co-ed gyms were ruled out because they were heavy lifting gyms.  The community centres just didn't have variety of each type of cardio machines and some didn't even have alot of space and all were co-ed. 

That left me with 3 gyms, Fitness World (co-ed with a ladies only section Coquitlam), Fitwells (ladies only Coquitlam) and Good Life (ladies only Pitt Meadows).  All were approximately 15min from my house, all had childcare, all were $40-$50 per month membership and around $35-$45 per month.  So you can see that not only were they comparable they were going to be quite a pricey endevour.

This week I tried out Good Life.  Monday I took all 3 kids and put them in care, Thursday I went on my own while my MIL took care of the boys and Saturday I went after my WW meeting by myself.  And after 2 gym visits this week I lost 3.2lbs.   I will you keep you updated once I have tried the other 2 gyms...

So I never did give the others a try but I did go on a Sunday and took a tour of each.  And after putting together my handy dandy spreadsheet of comparison I decided to go with the cheapest option.  It didn't have the best childcare or staff but it was good enough and it was my 2nd choice and it was $15 cheaper a month including childcare for the first 2 years and then the 3rd year the price drops another $15.  I am not happy with all aspects of it but I will make suggestions on how to improve it and hope they get the point, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment